Monday, July 19, 2004

Justification

It appears that the majority of the world thinks I am mad. Let me explain a little.........

Hollie was the first of the two additions. Neither have arrived yet, but she was the first new furbaby on the horizon.

Her owner cannot keep her any longer, and was looking for a new home for her. I stupidly buggered up my laptop and had to take it to head office to have it repaired. Since all the staff know about my "thing" for kitties, I was told all about the lovely lady. She is nine years old, and is basically a tabby version of Charlie. So no-one bugger in their right mind is going to take her....since I am not in a right mind I am the perfect candidate.

So it was agreed that after my move in September, Hollie would come and live with us.

So far, so good.

But over the weekend we were a little bored. And decided to visit the RSPCA centre. Now, the Baron banned me from going there alone, as last time I returned with Charlie. but he felt he would be a calm, restraining presence.

Was he bollocks!

Willow is a one year old tabby, who has lived mainly as a stray. She was brought into the centre with her eye hanging out of the socket, by a single thread. It was stitched back in, but isn't looking very good at all. And she was surrounded by cages and cages of kittens.

No-one was looking at her at all - everyone wanted kittens. And she is so beautiful.

She has had her blood tests today, and we shall hear soon if she can mingle with my monsters. Wednesday will seal the fate of her eye, and then she still must be spayed. So if everything works out, she should come to us shortly after we get home from holiday. But she is not certain - our move may be too much for her on top of the loss of her eye (which is how it is looking) and we may have to leave her open for adoption. Of course, if she is still available once we have moved, then that is another story.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is my justification. I guess you have to love cats to agree with me on this one!