Monday, February 16, 2004

Cry if I want to

As in, it's my birthday and.......

Charlie won't come out from behind the TV. He cried all night and then finally found us in bed. Frankie woke up and in his fright knocked down the shelf next to me, which tipped all the books onto me, with the shelf, my glasses and phone landing 6 feet below on the floor.

Ellie is hissing and then hiding and no-one is eating.

The Baron's parents came round to moan at us for getting another cat, and then wished the Baron a happy birthday (because they saw my cards). When he pointed out that they were mine, they claimed not to know when my birthday was, even though we have been together nine years and his is two days after mine.

The computer is down at the surgery as well, so I can't even find out my blood test results.

And I even had to make my own birthday cake. Clearly it knew I was feeling grumpy, because it sank in the middle and stuck to the pan despite the vast quantities of butter. Cake just knows.