Thursday, February 19, 2004

Shopping

Some of you might remember that I swore the Baron could never come shopping with me ever again. Well, you can guess who came along this evening.

Usual stuff - fight due to a certain someone walking off and abandoning the trolley mid aisle, putting rubbish in, talking bollocks.....the normal stuff.

But tonight was more fun than usual as we could really spend. Normally I spend about £30-£40 for the two of us and the cats; thanks to the beauty of loyalty points (and some nifty insurance choices) we had money off coupons for £134. So a-spending we went.

Being a boring person, I stocked up on normal stuff. Batteries (bought the wrong ones so back I go tomorrow), lightbulbs (since three are out in a house with eight), and some jars and cans of food we use often.

I did get some new headphones for my mp3 player and a recipe book. The Baron got some headphones (broken as it turns out so back they go too) and lots of toys for the resident furballs.

Speaking of whom, Charlie bit me again last night and left a lovely gash on my hand.

Anyway, we spent an enormous £190, but paid £48.71. That was a nice feeling, and my cupboards are completely full.

So off to enjoy some Ben and Jerry's (a very rare treat) and read my new recipe book. And sit with a Charlie cat who has emerged from his hidey hole.

Sorry for the mundaneness of my life. It bugs me too.