Friday, October 08, 2004

Shish kebab

We thought Hollie escaped. Hollie, the indoor only cat, who deigns not to have a name. It was completely my fault. I opened the cat flap the wrong way so instead of them being able to come in and not get out, they had free access. When I ran upstairs to grab my phone, I heard the flap go.

Hollie was gone.

So, after an hour of wandering around the neighbourhood in tears (with Harvey at my heels - which somewhat hampered the rescue efforts, as everytime I asked if they had seen a tabby cat, they invariably replied there was one behind me. I suspect my image as mad cat lady has been well reinforced), I discover the bitchbag has wormed under the bath behind the panel AGAIN.

Despite the fact I have to move house in ten days, I have been forced to destroy the bath panel to get her out. She is now back under the sofa.

I've tucked the sofa skirt up so I can see her. Unfortunately, now all the cats can see each other so I am writing to the cacophony of feline hissing, yowling and growling.

I was trusted to take her from her home, and I so nearly terminally fucked it up. If she had gone, there would have been no way I could have got her back. She doesn't respond to her name, she doesn't trust me and she has no idea where she is.

I am so grateful she is safe, but I feel awful.