Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Upstairs, downstairs

Lila has a tendency to wander upstairs.

We'd prefer her not to, just so as the cats can have a safe santuary upstairs. Lila wants to be with them, but they don't always share that feeling. Sometimes, but not always.

So we got a baby gate for the stairs. I spent a good few minutes putting it up securely.

I turned around to go up the stairs and she was already at the top of them.

Maybe she was on the stairs before I closed it? I'm sure I had left her on the other side..........So I took her back down, firmly shut the gate again (with her on the other side) and went on my way.

Ten seconds later Little Missy was upstairs.

It turns out that she can squeeze through the bars. I've caught her playing with Ellie, barking at Willow (who doesn't mind but just talks back) and looking for the others. She knows their hiding places already.

She also likes to chew the Baron's socks under the watchful eye of a wise looking Orange Cat.

What she doesn't know is that her head is still growing. So in a week or so, the upstairs world will be but a dream to her.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.