Wednesday, January 28, 2004

More snow!

There is a full on blizzard outside my window. I've just come inside from playing out there; by myself I might add!

The cats are all sat on the windowsill gazing out at this white stuff blowing around. Harvey is trying to catch flakes through the glass. Frankie is transfixed. I took them out for a minute but they fled to watch it in the warmth. I guess they aren't as silly as I think they are sometimes.........

The Baron has to drive home in it, so I am very worried for him. I drive the newer car, and he has the older. I don't know just how safe that car is - it needs a new gear and clutch, the horn is broken and the MOT is tomorrow. I think it will fail again. It failed last year, and I think the year before as well.

I can't phone him, as all mobile networks seem to be down. I have a T Mobile phone - my personal one, and an Orange phone for work. I can't get either to work even though I have full reception, and since he seems to have the same problem I can't use the home phone to get through to him. I hope he drives carefully. Last year when it snowed like this people took six hours to drive less than he has to, so I'm not expected him anytime soon.

It is so quiet outside. The main road is pretty much deserted, and barring a few warmly dressed children (the Boy's friends) playing outside, there is no-one in sight. Lots of faces at windows though. Its still coming down, but it is more sleety now than proper snow. If this keeps up, I won't be going to work tomorrow either. Knowing my luck though, it will all melt overnight.

Miss Ellie is teething. Like a baby, this involves lots of crying and dribbling (actually, I think that is just her) and lots of biting of things. The (expensive) wooden 6 foot blind, my hand, my antique pine bookcase, the legs of the loft bed, my nose, Frankie's tail. She doesn't mind what she bites, and biting is usually prefaced by lots of headbutts and purring, until she sinks those razor sharp little fangs in. So bleeding skin and drool covered clothes are de rigeur here.

The Beef Thief struck again yesterday. It was my fault, as I forgot to cover it whilst it was cooling. Uncovered food is fair game for a cat. This time I am using it - I didn't tell the Baron what happened, so what he doesn't know won't kill him. I retrieved it from one very happy looking furball, gave him some and stuffed it into the fridge.

That's enough from me........time to get my own back on those little children throwing snowballs at my window. They won't know what's hit them........actually they probably will!