Monday, August 16, 2004

Home!

At long bloody last.

Highlights:

  • Meeting Katie and Evil One;
  • Celebrating the Boy's sixth birthday (and yes, I can attest that he is a handful!);
  • Not working;
  • Feeling some heat;
  • Watching the Boy on the rollercoasters
  • Watching the Boy punch Dopey on the nose;
  • Watching the Boy improve his swimming; and
  • Coming home to not just my four monsters, but my newest addition - my sweet one eyed girl;

Lowlights:

  • Having my flight cancelled by BA due to the hurricane, and then being told to effectively bugger off by BA when trying to ascertain arrangements for getting home;
  • Sitting in Polk County with the eye of the storm passing overhead;
  • Watching a tornado pass by;
  • Seeing the house opposite get struck by lightening and realise there is a fire;
  • Being told that I have to wait until the 23rd for a flight home. And no, BA will not pay for accomodation and meals in the meantime. Tough luck that their rivals chartered a plane to get their stranded passengers home. Policy decision, you know.....;
  • Driving two days to Atlanta, at our own expense to catch a flight home. Nothing like a bored and tired six year old to make a journey speed by;
  • 90 other people on the flight who have made the same journey to Atlanta at their own cost. 90 other people who have been told to bugger off by BA; and
  • The extra cost of boarding four cats past their departure date.

I haven't slept since Sunday morning. It is now late Monday afternoon and I have been working all afternoon since I hadn't taken today as holiday. So I feel postively murderous towards BA.

So what does BA stand for?

British Arsewipes?

Barely Adequate?

Bozo Airways?

Bollocks Airways?

If I've missed any, let me know.

Rod Eddington..........your company is shite. I won't be flying with you again. Ever. And I will make sure as many people as possible know why.