Thursday, August 26, 2004

Summary

It's Thursday. One more day, then it is Bank Holiday weekend!! No work for three days.

And my client next week told me to bugger off as everyone was on leave, so I have a light week next week. Great, since I have loads to catch up on.

This of course means more time at home packing and mooching around with the cats. In the name of working from home. Work will be done (I have enough that needs doing) but cutting out the travel leaves me with pottering time rarely seen.

However, the cats are driving me bonkers.

1. Harvey keeps miaowing to go out. Every live long second he is in the house. Then he wants to come back in.

2. Frankie keeps tormenting Ellie.

3. Ellie keeps knocking things off shelves. And laying on the keyboard when I am typing. She wants fuss and attention, and usually she would climb on the bed. That isn't possible (see below) so she tries in lots of other ways to get it.

4. Charlie has rectal bleeding again and needs to go back to the vet tomorrow. I hate taking him as he gets so stressed. Other than the bleeding he is doing great - I can pick him up for a proper cuddle now!

5. Willow won't let any cats on the bed. And she bit the vet yesterday. She is lovely, but she is terrorising all the other cats and I think we are all a little frazzled. She also attacked my foot in the night, which wouldn't be such a big deal except that I have somehow manage to get an infected scrape on my foot which hurts to buggery even without cat claws sinking in.

So work seems somewhat blissful. It isn't, but compared to packing and vet visits, I'll take work.
R just popped round for a visit. I sent him a text asking how he was doing, and he walked over to reassure me in person since he had no credit left on his phone. He has been asked to do a eulogy at the memorial next weekend.

The Baron is still smoking. He gave up for nearly three weeks, but started again on holiday. I think he is going to try to give up again soon.

The Boy is in EuroDisney. Peace and quiet. Until tomorrow.

That will do. It is gone nine and I haven't had dinner yet.