Thursday, December 23, 2004

My head is swimming

The Boy is staying overnight, to test the sofa bed out. In return, he is going to help with the preparations for the big lunch.

He is the next room talking to himself. It is 11PM and I have had enough of trying to get him to go to sleep, so he is just amusing himself.

All day I have answered a never ending stream of questions:

"Auntie, do you think I should keep my squidgy bum? Girls like squidgy bums, don't they?"

"Auntie, are there reindeer in the field (behind the house)? Can we catch one?"

"Auntie, you know that Trojan horse thing? How did they get in it?"

"Auntie, did you know my mummy is your half twin because you are sisters with different birthdays?"

Interspersed with conversations on Greek mythology, science, Harry Potter, mobile phones, religion, cake, and litter tray habits.

Is it any wonder my head is spinning?

The muttering from next door has stopped. I am hoping he is asleep now, as I would quite like to go to bed myself without any surprise visits from small blonde boys.

Harvey is standing guard outside his door. Harvey loathes him, so this isn't for the Boy's protection. It is to make sure the little bugger doesn't come out again.

I love my cat.