Wednesday, February 02, 2005

The water

Something odd is going on with the water. Everywhere but here, that is.

Vast numbers of women are succumbing. Virtually every woman I met today was pregnant (and the men I met had wives who were all expecting). It appears that the women of the forums I visit are falling pregnant at the click of a mouse.

Not here. My cycle is officially fucked.

I chart, but I have no idea what is going on. Harvey's death (I tear up just writing that) has left my cycle in limbo.

And yet, abortion is the main topic of the day in blogs I visit and forums I frequent.

Some feel that life begins at conception. Some do not. Some feel that that life must be protected at all costs - that a woman must sacrifice her body for nine months to bring forth life. Some feel that there are no good reasons to abort. Some feel that there are.

People have the right to believe whatever the hell they want. And to express those beliefs.

They do not have the right to hurt others. People like Holly, who uses Cecily's tragedy to further her own cause, regardless of how much pain that might cause. People like Holly, who hijack good and decent debates to attack.

I know where I stand on the issue. But I am not going to force my beliefs on to anyone, and insist that my way is the right way. It might be for me. It might not be for you.

Some might do well to consider that.