Sunday, December 07, 2003

Busy Bee

The sun is shining and it is a fabulous day. Really cold and crisp. I am sat upstairs by the window, with a steaming mocha coffee.

I've been a busy bee.

I have washed the bed clothes, got dinner defrosting (beautiful joint of top rump beef), and once I finish this lovely coffee, I am going to tackle the frozen wastes of my freezer. I know I have said this all week, but I am really going to do it. Sunday is the day I do my meal planning, so I need to get it done.

Then I am going to count all the bottles in the bathroom for my little inventory. I know I have enough toothpaste to last at least a year, but soap I am not so sure about.

Once that is done, I need to sort through my dry goods shelf. And of course, whilst I am doing all this, I need to do the washing and drying. Drying is hard (no tumble drier and it is damp by about 3pm) so I string things over the curtain rail upstairs (the one that is on the balcony) and try to dry them on that. If I open the skylight, it works ok. Fab in the summer though.

Then I can sit down (probably with a cup of orange tea and some biscuits I bought in France) and do my meal planning, and plan my jobs for the week. I need to call the vet for the cats medication (that icky stuff you put on their necks for worms and fleas), the nurse for my medication (the pill, which Frankie likes to steal from my shelf and hide, which is why I need to get some more in just in case he changes his hidey hole!) and I need to sort out the repairs for the car.

Well the coffee is nearing the end of the mug, so I ought to start making a move. I WILL do the freezer, I WILL do the freezer. Wish me luck! If you don't hear from me soon, then I have been crushed by a tottering pile of frozen chicken parts!