Sunday, November 30, 2003

Day of rest, my arse

I thought that Sunday was supposed to be a day of rest? Bollocks.

So far I have been shopping, done all the washing, changed the bed, cooked dinner, watched the Boy for an hour and a half (supposed to be for 15 minutes), cleaned the kitchen, played with the cats, sorted out my schedule for next week and I still have the freezer to do. Where is the rest?

I think, another hour of doing houseworky stuff, then I will sit down with a glass of wine and read my River Cottage book.

The cats are asleep. Harvey is in the wardrobe, lying on a 5kg bag of rice. Why sleep in a comfy warm cat bag if there is something more uncomfortable? Frankie, who actually stayed outside for a couple of hours, is on the bed, and Ellie is next to me.

Baron Greenback is watching Terminator 3. So far, his contribution to the day is changing the cat litter tray and eating the dinner I cooked. He seems to think that as it is his day off, he shouldn't have to do anything. That doesn't apply to me, clearly..... He can be such a tit.

My parents should be arriving in Vegas about now. I hope that they have fun, and make their fortune on the slots! They have been looking forward to this trip for ages.