Friday, November 28, 2003

Cameo in Crimewatch

I was fast asleep in bed yesterday morning when my mobile rang. I use it as an alarm clock, so I didn't need to get up to answer it. It was an agency, telling me that they had a great opportunity. I said yes, send my CV, and tried to go back to sleep. Ten minutes later, the phone rings again.

"Can you go for an interview at 3.30pm today?"

I was early so I decided to go into WHS and browse. I was in a corner when all hell breaks loose behind me. The police had been called to arrest a shoplifter, and she wasn't going quietly. Not at all. I got caught behind it. All the yelling and screaming and swearing.

To make matters worse, the whole thing was being filmed so I had to turn and hide to avoid featuring on Crimewatch. Fun to watch, but it made me a couple of minutes late.

It was dusk when I left. The bus went over Blackfriars Bridge, and St Pauls was lit up. It looked so lovely. I could see the Tate, Bishopsgate, the Erotic Gherkin and London Bridge. I love taking the bus in London at night. That bus also swings by the remains of a church that is all lit up. I don't know if it is medieval, or a bombed out church from the war, but it is really lovely, with the flowers there.

I also have a second interview for the job I didn't really want. Whilst I didn't deliberately interview badly I didn't put much effort in, so I am surprised. I think they must be desperate for staff.