Saturday, March 13, 2004

Woohoo!

Sold the house today. Made a stonking profit on it too - £4000 short of double what we paid. Got to love the booming housing market; at least until you realise how much your next house will cost you. We still haven't found a house, but we are going to look at more next week so hopefully we will find something we both like.

So I don't need to obsessively tidy each day. I can cook with garlic again. I don't have to struggle to dry the washing before viewings. I can relax!

And if you are interested, this is my little house: My house

The Baron left his job of eight years today and is out drinking himself to oblivion - but he deserves it. His new job starts on Monday and he is very excited. (I have to go to London; Chalk Farm to be exact on Monday. After Madrid, I can't say that I am ecstatic about train and tube travel, but you just have to live with it)

My contribution to the Baron's impending liver failure was to drive him to the pub. All the stretch limo's were out, the rude boys were gathering on the corner to go to the local meat market, and the heifers were on their way, in their white fuck me boots and tits hanging out of their tops. Charming scene.

Now I needed to blend in. What to do? Not being dressed like a slag (although probably the cleavage to get away with it) I was limited. Anyone seen the Peugeot ad? The one where he transforms his crapmobile into a Peugeot 306 with the help of an elephant and a sledgehammer and then drives through the town nodding along to his music?

That was me. Except it was London, not India, and a Corsa instead of a Peugeot. And I am cool anyway