Tuesday, March 02, 2004

Why do I live with a nightowl?

The Baron has never been one to keep normal hours. He likes to stay up until 3AM. Which is fine at the weekend.

But in the week it means he has trouble waking in time for work. He never hears the alarm go off. I spend a good twenty minutes trying to get him up - I feel like his mother sometimes, but not as mean. I used to just leave him, but he could easily stay in bed until 4pm if I didn't wake him. In fact, once I left for work at 7AM, and when I got home at around 4pm he was still in bed. He was supposed to have started work at 10AM.

So if I leave him asleep, then he will most likely miss work. As an adult he should face the consequences of his actions, yes, but I don't want him to lose his job so I would rather spend the time waking him up. Even if he is a miserable bastard in the mornings that I want to garrotte with my laptop cable.

Anyway......so staying up late and getting up early makes him tired every now and again. In fairness, he is used to the routine so most of the time he is ok. But other times, like tonight, he is dozing on the sofa.

Which means he won't be tired until much much later. So he will stay up later. And be worse tomorrow. Ad infinitum (or something like that - I didn't take Latin).

For me, a peaceful night, bar the snoring through CSI. Kitchen is clean and tidy, washing is all done, guitar practise is done and dusted (I can play my scales now. I never ever thought I'd have to learn those again, after playing the piano and clarinet for most of my life), kitties are fed and I am in my pyjama's.

Kitties are very well fed, as it happens. The Beef Thief made a brief reappearance this evening. You'd think I would have learnt by now. I just don't like to cover the beef whilst it is cooling - it sweats too much. But then I would prefer not to have the beef dragged upstairs by a food crazed feline, so something has to give.

Shame the Baron has slept away his evening. It has been fun.