Sunday, October 24, 2004

Checking in

I am sat in my conservatory, surrounded by cats, lemon trees and pepper plants. I have a cup of tea and slice of ginger cake on the go.

Bliss.

The move went well. We broke two wineglasses and two minature ceramic tureens. We are pretty much unpacked and straight. The bed arrives in two weeks, and the leather sofa's in four. We have a phone line in, and satellite tv is being installed on Wednesday. My new oven is in, the shower, kitchen sink and tap are going to be put in soon. The new bathroom floor tiles will be completed in four-ish weeks.

The only bad thing? We can't get broadband. I am suffering with 26.2K dial-up at the moment, and the best we can hope for is 512K. We just left behind 1.5M. Sob.

The cats are well. Harvey was delirious when we retrieved him from cattery. They were all a little quiet when we got home, but all are settled in well. Hollie has become a brave little lady and wanders around the house and sleeps in bed with me and the other five. Charlie has been caught snuggling with Frankie, Willow is in love with my new oven (probably because I have been testing it with a succession of roasted chickens) and Ellie is just Ellie. By which I mean she careers round the house in a wave of destruction.

We're back!