Thursday, December 02, 2004

The One Eyed Wonder

I fell in love with Willow when she still had both her eyes. She had been hit by a car and suffered face injuries. Her eyes was inflamed and infected. She had signs all over her cage saying "I am beautiful", but people kept walking past her cage. There were kittens next to her so she didn't stand a chance.

I saw her and she marched up to me and headbutted the glass.

The Baron was with me, and said I could not have another cat. I said I was going to ask if they had any more information on her - whether she would lose her eye, whether anyone had shown any interest and what her blood test results were.

The Baron moaned and groaned. I was not to have another cat.

The RSPCA took my number so they could call me with her blood test results. No-one had shown an interest in her.

Days passed. The Baron pretended that we had not seen her.

The call came that she would lose her eye. She would need to stay in for a fortnight to recover and then I could take her home. Time to convince the Baron.

I used my feminine charms. Begged. Pleaded. Did a few things. And confirmed Willow's pick up date.

The day we arrived home from holiday, we picked up our newest kitty cat and brought her home.


The One Eyed Wonder Posted by Hello