Thursday, February 10, 2005

Cheery

This post will be cheery. I've been miserable for too long.

Well, I am still miserable, but if I think cheery thoughts, maybe I will become cheery.

So without further ado, I bring you.....the cheeriness.

1. My birthday present arrived from my parents today. A little early, but 9 whole hours of River Cottage is just what a miserable Mouse needs. That and brownies, and they are in the oven.

2. My cycle has returned to normal. At last.

3. Our newest addition, Ozzy, will be coming home on Saturday. He has had a lot of teeth removed, and is recovering nicely from surgery.

4. Lila is doing well, and is biting a little less. The Boy's class have requested I take her in one afternoon so they can all see her, and I'll take any opportunity to educate kids about good animal care!

5. I have planted all my seeds for a bumper crop. We have:

  • carrots;
  • potatoes (pink fir apple and maris piper);
  • broccoli;
  • cabbage;
  • cucumber;
  • lettuce;
  • garlic;
  • onions;
  • spring onions;
  • peas;
  • french beans;
  • runner beans;
  • tomatoes (two kinds);
  • peppers;
  • leeks;
  • courgettes;
  • artichokes;
  • strawberries;
  • gooseberries;
  • raspberries;
  • chives;
  • chillies; and
  • a million different herbs.

My orange and lemon trees are doing better now that Charlie has stopped using them as a temporary litter tray. The olives are good too.

6. I have sorted out some easy work for next week. It is half term for the Boy, Valentine's day (14th), Charlie's adoptaversary (15th), my birthday (16th), and the Baron's birthday (18th). So I need an easy week!

7. We only have one more extortionate council tax bill to pay (they forgot to charge us for the first three months we lived here, so we have been paying double to catch up) and one more career development loan payment to make. Then we shall have some more money. Nice!

8. We now have a Boba Fett water feature along side Dart Vader. The fish seem unimpressed.

I think that is enough cheeriness for one evening. I wouldn't want to overdo it!