Saturday, February 12, 2005

Loose ends

OK.

River Cottage is a TV show. Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall upped sticks and went to live in the country. He grew all his veg, raised livestock and basically lived as a true smallholder. Great TV, and very inspirational for those into that kind of thing.

Ozzy is here and there will be pictures soon. For some bizarre reason all the cats are accepting him and he is currently stationed on my bed with the others. Frankie has already groomed him, which is pretty damn amazing. He is a sweet boy, and I am sure that Harvey had a paw in me finding him.

There will also be pictures of our new water feature soon, but the garden is in a mess because we had to remove a tree today. As you do. So when it is respectable, you will see the shrine to Star Wars.

I may have planted all those seeds, but Miss GreenFingers I am not. Most things I grow die, and I am not holding out much hope for the veg. However, the Baron is in charge of all plant stock as of now, under the supervision of my parents (Veg Growers Extraordinaire) and so hopefully we will actually get some veg out of all this.

Our garden isn't huge by any means (our garden is smaller than a double garage) but with a combination of raised beds, hanging baskets and lots of containers we are able to grow an awful lot. I also have some sunflowers to plant, and those will probably go out the front, near Harvey's grave.

The weather has been pretty mild - we have had daffodils already and a couple of trees have gone into bloom. It is great that we are able to start now, and we are really excited! I checked the seeds I planted during the week and my broccoli is looking good.

So other than the general election, this will be a good spring!