Monday, December 08, 2003

Plumbing problems

So what is a girl to do when the plumber can't come out until Friday? Cook of course!

I just made an enormous lasagne and and an even bigger cottage pie . It worked out at 10 meals, although only 7 made it to the freezer. One is now in my tummy (I love mashed potato) and two are in the fridge because although I had foil containers, I seem to have run out of lids!

Not bad for an hours work. I also roasted up some chicken that had bad freezer burn. The cats will eat well for the next few days! I still have some more burned meat to cook up, and it is in the fridge defrosting. It is wasteful, but the cats need to eat, the Baron has had enough of chicken and turkey, and I could do with the freezer room.

I spoke to the vet, and Miss Ellie is to go on Wednesday. They want to see her about an early spay - Smudge next door has started hovering round the catflap, and she is crying more than usual. Smudge, of course, isn't neutered.

Harvey and Frankie do defend the honour of their little sister by beating up Smudge, but I think spaying will be more effective on the long run!