Monday, January 19, 2004

Melodramatic Boys

The Boy has reached new heights of melodrama. He told me today that he hates his life. I'd like to point out that the Boy in question is five years old. This came about because he can't read as well as he would like (which is well as I can), but he hates practising because his books have too many silly pictures. Silly boy!

I told him that he would learn to read and he didn't have to practise all the time. To which he screamed that he wishes that he had never been born and ran out of the room. When I managed to stop laughing, I went to see if he was ok. He was playing with Lego. We had a chat. He says that his brain makes him say these things and he wants to be clever but his brain won't let him. I have no idea where he gets all this from, but he does have a stonking cold and has ingested a lot of snot and Calpol.

He did a wrestling a move on his Grandad earlier this morning and Grandad now claims to be crippled for life. It was hysterical to watch (and Grandad egged him so deserved everything he got) - Grandad was lying down and the Boy just threw himself over him, elbows out and all weight aiming down. Grandad started to yell and was trying not to curse, and I was sat crippled by the giggles.

The Boy isn't supposed to watch the wrestling but Daddy lets him. Daddy lets him do anything he damn well wants. Daddy is a twat, who has never paid a penny in child support, and works cash in hand to avoid having his wages garnished. Complete bastard. My sister was 18, and he was 26 at the time. She had missed years of school due to illness and was emotionally very immature. He swooped in and took advantage. 'Nuff said.

Before the wrestling incident, we were playing Lego. When my sister and I were little, we had a whole village, with houses, a fire, police and ambulance station, a petrol station, an airport, a post office, a fast food place, and various other places. It is being rebuilt for the Boy, but to be honest, I think the rest of us are getting far more fun out of it!

I have had the best evening building spaceships to take over the village and enslave the Lego race for my own evil and subverted purposes. I even had Lego cluster bombs........I think I see where the Boy's weirdness may come from now that I think about it!

Ellie is being a little butthole this evening. I've just found enough lone socks lining her bed to clothe the seven dwarfs, but she isn't parting with them. Everytime I rescue them she just bites me and pops them back in her bed. I think I shall have to kiss them goodbye.

Anyway, I should go hang the sheets out to dry. I forgot about them yesterday so I had to wash them again. Without a tumble drier it is a bugger drying anything at all in winter. I'll just dangle them over the balcony, and hope that the cats don't try to abseil down them like last time.