Saturday, January 10, 2004

Calculators, contraceptive pills and choirboys

It's gone dark now, and I've done bugger all today except play on here and act as doorman for the cats. Well, I did some stuff, but only because I was forcibly evicted from my bed so early this morning.

For some reason (presumably known to them but not to me) the cats are all sprawled out on the floor next to their cat baskets.

The boys are stretched out to maximum length. Harvey is exposing his furry belly. I want to sink my hands into his fur, but I also want to keep my hands. Ellie is eating her own tail, and Frankie is in a completely different world. He has a similar look on his face to the one he gets when on the litter tray. Given his fetish for earplugs, I shudder at the idea of Frankie's own world.

My calculator hasn't turned up yet. I did have hopes that it was here at home and not stolen, but no such luck. The memorial service will be held tonight at 7. Family flowers only. Donations in lieu of flowers to Calculators Forever.

I'd just skipped off to the little girls room - all this water plays havoc with my bladder, when I heard a small thud from upstairs. In my house, the bathroom is downstairs whilst the computer is upstairs under the bed. I didn't think too much of it; probably a wrestling match or something.
I came back upstairs to find 6 packets (my next 6 months supply) of contraceptive pills being batted around by Frankie, who had jumped up on my desk, knocked everything off and stolen them. Harvey (the cat with issues beyond normal cats) had just pounced on one and was trying to get to the rattling pills inside. Perhaps he thought oestrogen would taste good, I don't know. Maybe he wants breasts of his own (he might stop trying to tenderise mine by walking over them at night).

Frankie is now giving me a very reproachful look now that I have taken them back. Cats definitely subscribe to the "what is mine is mine, and what is yours is mine" school of thought. Tough luck. I don't want to share my pills, and I guess, and this is just a guess, that contraceptive pills aren't really that effective in neutered male cats.

I've certainly had some enlightening comments made about one particular topic in the last few days. I didn't think that it would get that much interest, much less in the direction that things went! I confess that I am more intrigued now. I will admit that after a night's sleep, I am more open to the idea (shush, don't let the Baron hear or he'll hound me to "take it like a choirboy"). Any particular alcoholic drink recommended?!