Saturday, January 31, 2004

More wind

Next door's fence is the first casualty of the wind that I've seen, other than more rubbish than usual blowing across the lawn.

About an hour ago there was an almighty thump that sent the kitties scurrying away to hide. We'd all been cuddling on the sofa, me with Ellie, Harvey with all the toys he could find, and Frankie with a banana that he'd found in the kitchen. They all shot up the stairs, leaving me to deal with the source of the noise.

Harvey, being the bravest, peered out from the balcony. Frankie was perched on the ladder, waiting to see whether he needed to hide himself or come back down. I found Ellie shaking under the quilt, her tail puffed up to twice its normal size. My poor little scaredy cat.

The wind seems to have calmed down a bit now. Hopefully the cats will now be able to sleep without disturbance. Because they like to let me know if they get woken in the night, and if they can't sleep, then I don't get to sleep. They are kind like that!

Bed time for me.