Friday, January 30, 2004

Never again

The Baron and I have just returned from shopping. I need an extremely stiff drink, and a week away at a spa. But I'll settle for a cup of tea and a brownie.

Every time we go shopping together, I swear that I will never, ever go shopping with him again. But circumstances always get in my way.

This evening his car had to go to the mechanics, and since the shop I go to is almost next door we went shopping, so that the Baron didn't have to wait around by himself. I should have just left him there. It would have been for the best.

Let's see, a brief summary of what I have to put up with from a supposed adult.........aimless wandering around the games and dvd's, sulking because the shop is non smoking, putting junk in the trolley, sulking because I take all the junk out of the trolley, sulking because I tell him that junk wasn't on the list, trying to sneak more crap into the trolley, and finally getting embarrassed at the checkout because I argued the validity of my coupons, and leaving me.

I could have belted him by the end of the trip. We ended up spending more than planned because he wanted a bottle of Cointreau (I can't stand the stuff, but he has developed an inexplicable liking for it) and some liqueor glasses.

So once again I say it. I will never go shopping with him again!