Thursday, January 08, 2004

Typical day

I forgot to take my laptop to work today. I realised when I got to the bridge, and I sure as hell wasn't turning round then. I got an awful lot done though - having it out is just an invitation to do nothing.

My cunning plan to avoid the Fish Lady today worked well - I skipped lunch and went to work in another building. By the time I had finished and come back over even the smell had nearly gone. Result.

There is one accountant at the client who drives me mad. He is perfectly nice, he doesn't smell of fish, he knows what he is doing, and I am as sure as I can be that he isn't wearing womens underwear (I was chatting to the Head of Finance who is leaving soon, and she said that he doesn't wear knickers. We didn't quite make it onto how she knows this for sure, but I will be asking her tomorrow). No, it is his voice.

He has the voice of a 14 year old. High and squeaky, and then it breaks mid conversation. It really bothers me, because he is in his mid fifties and it just sounds ridiculous. Same effect as nails down a blackboard. Cringe.

Bad weather today. I counted three crashes - nine mangled cars, two people being cut free, five police cars, three ambulances and three fire engines. And still people drove up my arse. If only they know I'm not that type of gal. As I keep having to explain to the Baron. He wouldn't disrespect a one way sign on the roads so where is the difference?

Maybe that Crash film was right. See a crash, think of sex. If you are after that, then Belle de Jour is the place for you. I'm British, I'm repressed. Shit, so is she. There goes that excuse.

Anyhoo...........I have to go and retrieve Frankie from the litter tray. He is half way to Australia.