Tuesday, March 16, 2004

Scary stuff

I've been followed before. When I lived in London, there was a strange man who lived on the next road who would follow me everytime I walked the dog. If I crossed the road to escape him, he would cross and carry on. He would wait at the end of the road for me, so no matter what time I came out he was there. But he would be in the shadow of the tree so if someone came out with me, he could go and no-one would notice he was there.

It turned out that he was a care in the community guy. Which means a local metally disturbed individual who couldn't be committed and so was "cared" (in the loosest sense of the word) for by social services in his own home. One of these individuals, if memory serves me correctly, stabbed a teacher in the eye on a tube platform.

It was scary.