Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Vet Woes.

I'm going to France tomorrow. With a swift foray into Belguim as well.

It's the annual crossing for cheap fags and booze. The crates of beer from the last trip have all been drunk, the fags have been smoked and the garlic is nearly all gone. And I'm out of my favourite biscuits that I can only get in France.

We catch the ferry at lunch, so we shall dock and head off towards Belgium to find a sleepy little restaurant to have a late lunch. The Boy is coming, determined to learn a few words of French and he has been told that lunch will NOT be McD's in Calais.

But that is tomorrow.

Today.......well not so pleasant.

Four cats. Two cat carriers. One trip to the vet.

Not only do I have scarlet fucking hair with red highlights, I now have scarlet streaks on my arm, face and hands. Harvey took offence to be being shoved head first into a carrier (believe me it was the only way).

Still, it gives me a chance to sport my eclectic plaster collection. On the left arm we have Harry Potter, and on the left hand we have a bug (thumb) and Buzz Lightyear. On the right arm we have a spaceship, and on the hand, a bandage covering my palm where Harvey ripped a two inch (and at least half a centimetre deep) gash across my palm.

I restrained myself and have not put a plaster on my cheek. I used to wear a plaster on my nose when I worked in McD's (many moons ago) when I refused to take my nose stud out. I've tired of that look.

But all the cats are in good health, which is all that matters. Charlie took some catching though....I had to draft my neighbour in to help get him in the carrier. Her cat is a psycho bitch, so she understands. Charlie sat on Ellie the whole way to the vets, but they didn't fight at all. Harvey and Frankie always go together and snuggle, but their carrier is too small for the pair of them, so I am on the look out for a bigger one.

Charlie is obese and has ear mites. Quelle surprise. This is the rescue cat who hoovers up all leftover food and refuses to go outside without me in case I don't let him back in. So we are to instigate an exercise programme, consisting of Charlie chase the laser pen, and regular ear cleaning with my new handy dandy cat ear cleaner. Note that it doesn't come with asbestos gloves. Because of his history we will just take things very slowly with him. He is doing so well that it isn't worth rushing him to lose a little weight.

Harvey needs his teeth cleaning. He isn't even two yet, but no matter what we try, his teeth are unhealthy and will need to be cleaned. My poor little boy.

Ellie is finally big enough to move off of kitten flea treatments. She is very small still. The vet refuses to comment on her mental state. ;.)

Frankie is perfect. Great teeth, lost all the weight that he gained due to cattery, and is just perfect.

Result!