Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Peace and Quiet

Harvey is prowling around upstairs in my bedroom. I can hear him knocking my candlesticks around. He is happy.

Frankie is fast asleep on my giant stuffed rottweiler. I hope that is a good omen for the new puppy.

Ellie is in the conservatory watching the goldfish outside. I light the pond for her every night, she likes it that much. She sits on the cat tree and talks to them.

Charlie is glaring at me. He hates my laptop, as he feels my lap is for him and him alone.

Willow is eating. If she isn't eating, she is sleeping. She is an easy cat.

Hollie is currently hiding in the mechanism of the chairbed. She likes the foam.

The Baron is working late.

It is quiet.

There are no street lights at all in our village, and as a result it is dark. We have been using our telescope most evenings since we moved here. I have no idea what I am looking at, but it is fun. I've seen lots of shooting stars this evening. I am going to join the library and get some books out on astronomy.

I have my vegetable garden all planned out. My herbs are starting in the kitchen, my lemons and peppers in the conservatory. My orange tree is ordered and on its way, and I am expecting my lime tree to follow very shortly. The Baron doesn't know yet - it is a surprise for our anniversary tomorrow.

We plan to start the garden this weekend. There is so much to clear up and get rid of, before we can start preparing the beds. We have been looking forward to having a garden for so long, and now we can start work on the garden we have talked about for so long.

I love this quiet time in the evenings. It feels so much relaxing in this house - almost as though the extra room in the house is giving me extra room to think. I can play my instruments whenever I want without disturbing anyone else. I finally have my piano back after nearly five years. I'm not as good as I used to be though.

I have just ordered some rare breed meat from an online farm shop. I am planning a huge roast dinner at the weekend to thank my family for all the help they have given with this move. I also got some traditional bacon from the same rare breed. I am looking forward to my Sunday bacon sandwich in bed now!

I now have room for all of my books. I have several thousand books, some of which I haven't seen in nearly five years. I had to store them in the loft of my parents house. I love to sit and read in the conservatory, with a cup of tea and a cat. It is so nice.

Hope everyone else is having as nice an evening as I am having. Peace and quiet to you all!