Friday, December 12, 2003

Heart failure

Harvey just gave me heart failure. I don't know how (or why), but I just found him on the roof of next door. He miaowed for a while, and then the little shit flew off and landed on their fence, which has huge splinters of wood and nails poking up. Amazingly he is unhurt.

My sister allowed the Boy to invite a couple of his little friends over for dinner this evening. Except now she doesn't feel up to it, and wants me to come over and watch them because I am so good at playing with little boys (and yes, I know that sounds seriously dodgy!). I don't think I have the energy to cope with 3 5yo boys running riot. I certainly don't have the inclination.

I think we are going to the pub this evening. I fancy a couple of pints. In fact, a cheeky pint would hit the spot right about now. Since I don't have plans, I think I shall go and indulge myself. A pint it is.

I'm going to need it.