Friday, January 09, 2004

Half day

I am supposed to be writing another report at the moment, which as I am sat here eating a bowl of Rice Krispies and blogging, you can see that I am hard at. Priorities, after all.

I need to relax after my morning labours. I had to drive out to a care home to check cash handling procedures, and it was a total craphole. Then I had to go back to the client office to meet with a couple of people, who both spent more time trying to avoid me than I spent actually asking them questions. But I am fully trained in harassment, and there is no getting away. Hide in the toilet? I'll collar you on the way out. Talking on the phone? I can wait, baby. I am a client's worst nightmare!

(I told you - I take my fun where I can find it. Watching clients trying to hide behind cupboards and under desks is fun. It is even more so making them squirm trying to find the right answer for your evil (and unnecessary, because you already knowthe answers) questions.)

At least the Head of Finance gave me some chocolate, but I still didn't find out about how she knows what underwear the squeaky accountant wears. I suspect that I don't want to either.

So now it is report time. I wish I could slate them; it makes for far more fun, but they only have a few problems, and they knew about those before I arrived. So I have to be nice, and that goes against all my work related principles. Maybe the client next week will be worse......................

Well, I'd better go and do the damn thing. I'd rather watch Quincy, but I don't want to work over the weekend. And that would be just plain sad.

Oh and Chris? Katie? What on earth makes you think I haven't already?!