Sunday, October 31, 2004

The Fruitful Garden

We've cleared the garden out. We now have some fantastic beds ready to become a fully productive vegetable garden come spring.

The compost bin arrives tomorrow, my orange, satsuma, lime and olive trees are due to arrive later this week, and my chilli's are thriving, as are my herbs. Minus the bits that the cats have chewed out of them. I am also growing some catmint at the moment, and will start a tub of catnip off in the spring to keep them away from the other plants.

What else? Oh, a good friend of mine, and former neighbour, has just announced her pregnancy. I am very pleased for her, and we shall gloss over the small pangs of jealousy occurring. We are meeting up this week (though not for a drink as we normally would). She moved a few weeks before I did, and we haven't seen each other for quite a while.

I have signed the Boy up for a gymnastics class. He has been asking to go to it ever since he saw the Olympics, and since he found out I broke my arm in gymnastics class when I was little (why that is an incentive I don't know, but I don't pretend to understand the mind of a six year old boy). We have an hour's trial lesson on Wednesday afternoon. He doesn't know yet - it is a surprise.

Off to soak in a hot bath. Gardening is hard work, and my legs are starting to mutiny.