Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Ill

I am at home. A shocking head cold, coupled with the first period I have had in ten years without the comforting barrier of artificial hormones has wiped me out.

Well, technically it is the strong painkillers I have taken that have knocked me out, but who is splitting hairs? Not me.

So I am snuggled on the sofa in my woolly blanket and whichever cats feel like a cuddle - that is one of the great things about having six cats is that there is always a furry hotwater bottle to be had. There aren't that many great things about having six cats that you wouldn't get with a more normal number of beasticles, but that is one.

I have to look after the Boy this evening as my parents need to take their dog to the emergency vets. I'm not looking forward to it, but I suspect Sam is looking forward to his appointment even less. Still, it is only for a couple of hours and then I can return to bed.

So from my sofa, I raise my cup of tea to all of you who don't have the luxury of taking time off sick and have to get on with it. Because the kidlets are getting on with it.