Wednesday, November 26, 2003

My So Called Life

STILL waiting for feedback from Monday. I guess that this means it won't be good news. Oh well.

I got bugger all done last night. I was passing The Boy's school after the interview so I volunteered to pick him up, and take him home, since he moved with his Mum and her boyfriend to just down the road from here. I ended up staying to help unpack and to have dinner, so my plans went out the window.

So todays excitement involves more washing, making the shopping list, hoovering and general tidying. Plus I need to cook ome of the food in the fridge - piece of cod, some Chinese and some mince (ground) meat. Plus I have a six hour shift starting at lunchtime.

The furballs are unhappy because it hasn't stopped raining in 3 days, and isn't likely to stop soon. They won't go out, so they are acting stircrazy, Harvey especially.

I also have to decide what to do. I could take a temporary accounting job for four weeks, which means I would be doing real work and getting a decent salary. Problem is, the job would involve an hour and a halfs drive each way. I would spend a fortune on petrol and I would lose my 20% discount card in the run up to Christmas. Decisions, decisions.

As a treat yesterday I bought the River Cottage Cookbook. I love the TV show, and the book is great. I was up past midnight reading it last night.

Must get a move on. Mum is coming over, as is my sister, and I am still in my 'jamas.