Saturday, December 13, 2003

My poor head

I don't feel so good today. I stood up too quickly under the bed last night and whacked my head on the edge of the bed. Everything went black. I didn't actually knock myself out, but I hit myself as hard as you can without knocking yourself out.

Today I have a huge bruise and a really stiff neck. The stiffness is partly due to pulling a muscle when I stood up - my neck was expected to fully extend, and partly because the Harvey Cat slept on my shoulder last night. And of course the mother of all headaches. So I don't feel brilliant.

I went shopping today. It was not busy at all - I was really surprised about that. Even Ikea, which normally involves a 20 minute queue at the best of times was deserted. I bought lots of presents and only have two left to get. I just ordered one and I will go and get the other when I know what they want.

I'm not doing the wrapping today, I hurt too much. But the paper and sellotape is out ready, and maybe I'll do it tomorrow. The Baron has his Christmas party tonight (no partners allowed) so I am going to stay home and nurse my headache. I can feel a sappy film coming on (after Pop Idol, of course).

I got a new garlic press, which I am pleased about as we eat an enormous amount of garlic. My old one was completely buggered and I hate chopping garlic. I also picked up a metal ashtray - Miss Ellie shouldn't be breaking that any time soon, and a glass storage jar for porridge oats.

The Boy came with. He was a little shit. I know that he was tired, but he just wouldn't do what he was told. His mother was in a foul mood because she was tired and didn't have any money (and was pissed off that I wouldn't pay for her shopping) and so she took it out on him. He can be such a sweetie, but he can also be the most badly behaved child I have ever seen.

Argh. My mobile just rang, which is downstairs on charge. I get down there (and I have to run because it goes to answerphone really quickly) and it was a bloody wrong number. And not even a polite wrong number. Stupid bastard.

Anyway..................I might make some cornflake cakes tonight. I fancy something sweet and crunchy, and I don't keep biscuits in the house. Well, actually I do, but I don't like any of them. They are for guests (so I won't eat them all) and for making the bases of Key Lime Pies.

I still want to do my nails. I never seem to get around to it, and I like having nice nails. That might be on the cards for tonight as well. Knowing my luck, he won't go now!

I'm quite looking forward to my night in all by myself. I don't really feel in the mood for any company at all, except for the cats. They are fast asleep now so we aren't bugging each other.

Harvey was exceedingly cuddly last night. It is nice when he sleeps on me. It is nice when he sleeps on my head/neck - he keeps my ear warm. The bad thing is the cold ear when he goes, and the buzzing sound that I am left with when the loud purring in my ear has also gone. He doesn't really stay that long - half an hour at most, but it is a nice way to be woken up. Being pounced on isn't so nice, and neither is having my foot bitten - Miss Ellie Cat's favourite method of waking me. Then, although she purrs, she also tries to stick her arse in my face. Frankie just patrols the bed and then goes down again. Checking for monsters, you know. Although he would run if he found anything - he is the original scaredy cat!

I think that will do for now. My painkillers are wearing off, and it is time for a top up.