Wednesday, December 31, 2003

Rampage

The rain has stopped very early this morning - so much for snow. So imagine my surprise when I woke up to find the house completely shrouded in a thick blanket of fog! I couldn't see a thing. I tried to let the boys out, and the pair of them refused to budge. I think they thought I had removed the world, but they had also had a busy night.

The Baron forgot to feed them last night. So they went quite mad. Literally. They broke one of my terracotta pots that I use for candles (it wouldn't be so bad, but they are pudding pots and with this diet I can't go and buy another pudding to replace my pot!), they tracked cigarette butts through the house and then they fought.

And somehow, this was all my fault. Despite that fact I had been tucked up in bed and asleep for four hours before he came to bed. Now, I wear earplugs, because a certain someone snores, so I missed all the cat entertainment. But the Baron, being a kind soul, woke me up to tell me all about it. At 3AM (which is how I knew the rain had stopped). And then proceeded to tell me it was all my fault because I never feed the cats.

I think he must have forgotten that I feed them morning and afternoon, change their litter, medicate them, let them in and out, take them to the vet, groom them, and generally adore them. Stupid bastard. He never accepts responsibility for anything - it is always somebody elses fault, always.

Enough of him. He is pissing me off.

All the rubbish is out of the fridge at last, but sadly is passing through my digestive system. I feel quite ill and so I am looking forward to a clean start tomorrow. I have planned my meals for the next few days so that I don't need to think much. Nothing is worse than dwelling on food, but because I go back to work on Monday, from then on I won't have much chance to. I refuse to buy food when I am at work - not out of dietary restraint, but out of financial restraint. It is so much cheaper to take lunch in, and now the health benefits are an added incentive. Good luck to us all!

So here is to the end of 2003. Cheers!