Sunday, December 28, 2003

Busy

Busy day yesterday. I took Harvey and Ellie to the vets. Ellie had her stitches out, and Harvey has conjunctivus - my poor baby. He was so cuddly last night, he must have felt miserable. He is yowling to go out at the moment so I think he may feel better today.

The Boy came round yesterday. I wasn't asked to have him, I was told that he was coming, and he was told so I couldn't get out of it without making him cry. That really pisses me off. I have spent the holidays going to other people at their request and we have had so little time at home doing what we want. The Baron goes back to work tomorrow, and three out of his four days off have been spent elsewhere or doing stuff for others. Just once I wish my sister would think of someone other than herself and Rob.

We made chocolate rice crispie cake, and watched Mathilda. He had fun, and asked if I would make him a pizza. He also asked if he could come on Tuesday and have worms and garlic bread with me. I said he could, because otherwise he will be stuck at home with his mother getting yelled at for everything. I'll write my report tomorrow so he can come round.

I seem to have hurt my foot. I don't know what I have done but I can't put any pressure at all on the ball of my right foot. Very spooky, and very painful.

Did lots of washing and stuff yesterday as well. I went to the sales with my mum, but they were pretty rubbish. I bought some jogging bottoms and a yoga top, but that was it. It seems that most stuff had gone on sale before Christmas, and so I had bought everything we needed then. I am avoiding food shopping until at least tomorrow (or when my foot is feeling better) as people are still shopping as though the world is going to end.

I don't get that. The holidays are the same every year, so the date is no surprise. The shops are shut for exactly one day, so why do people try to buy the entire shop up??? It is so greedy to be buying that much food (I know some people have guests, but then so many people are the guests and don't need to buy that much food), especially when you see the people of Iran left with nothing after that earthquake. Pure greed. No houses, 20,000 dead, but we have to spend as much as possible on crap. Beautiful.

I need to go put ointment in Harvey's eye. Not the easiest thing to do, but always good for a laugh.