Tuesday, December 23, 2003

New computer

The new computer has arrived. It is really great. What wasn't great was the Baron still setting it up at 3AM.

We have a loft bed - yes, very Scandinavian I know, and it didn't come from Ikea (but I admit that the idea did), and the computer desks live under the bed. So the light was on, muttered swearing could be heard, alternating with "get out of there, you "£$%$&£$^£ cats!" and "I will wring your furry neck if you don't get out of that £%^%&£$£%£box!"

Needless to say, I am exhausted today. I was working from home today - or as it is more commonly known, doing bugger all at home. I do have a report to write, but I have until the 5th to complete it, so why rush?

I went to visit my friend Nikki today, and her new baby Oscar. He is such a sweetie, and he has just topped 6 pounds, from a birth weight 18 days ago of 4 pounds and something. He seems a very contented little boy, and Nikki is looking great. She had a quick birth, mainly because she had an emergency C-section due to a decelerating heart rate in Oscar, but is doing really well. Daddy was working, but he looks very happy in the photo's that I saw (not that I have actually met him).

The Baron has lost his voice. I can feel a very peaceful Christmas coming on..............hopefully it won't come back for another couple of days! He should be working tomorrow, so the presents will be wrapped finally, and I shall finish tidying all the computer stuff away.

I spent an hour and a half on the motorway today, to travel 10 miles. There was a fire on a chemical truck near Luton that shut the M1 and buggered up the M25. It hasn't been a good week for motorway travel for me - yesterday I spent 4 hours driving. I was driving down the M2 to Kent and my junction was shut. No signs, naturally, so I havd to drive 14 miles to the next exit, turn around and drive back to get off the motorway on the side. Waste of time and petrol!

But I got to spend a bitterly cold afternoon wandering around a building site looking at window and doors. IT was fun, but cold. And sadly, despite the weather forecasts, there has been no snow yet.