Saturday, December 20, 2003

Still cold

The heating has broken again, and there isn't much chance of having it fixed now until the New Year. The shops are demented, TV is crap and if I hear Silent Night again, I will ram their song sheet down their throats.

My final Amazon parcel arrived today so that is all of my shopping complete. I still haven't wrapped anything, but that is on the list for this evening, after Pop Idol - the Finale.

I plan to fit some baking in today, as well as that Key Lime Pie I need to make. I cheated and went and bought a lemon cheesecake today. My cheesecakes are ok but they usually crack on the top. I don't think I will make chocolate cornflake cake. That may have something to do with the fact that I have eaten a large proportion of the allocated chocolate.

Miss Ellie was caught wandering on the balcony rail. I only found out when I heard a noise and saw her hanging on for dear life - on the wrong side naturally - and I had to retrieve her. By the sounds of things downstairs, all three are sat in the kitchen sink. Since I rearranged the kitchen they have taken a real shine to the sink and spend most of the day fighting over who can sit there.

It is pissing down at the moment. It has been all day, and it is really dark and grim. It was more Christmassy a couple of days ago when it was so cold and frosty. The bad side to that was when my windscreen got covered in salt on the motorway and my water was frozen so I couldn't clean it off. It would have been ok except it was sunny and the sun streamed in and blocked my view. 25 miles blind. Then the resevoir defrosted and I could see again.

Apparently it is forecast to snow tomorrow and Monday. I hope so. Last time it snowed here we got the worst and all the roads and motorways were shut. I stayed home and played with the Boy. That would be nicer than a 60 mile drive just for a meeting, followed by a 60 mile drive to the client and another 60 mile trip home. And that is just Monday!

Anyone for a cup of tea?