Monday, December 15, 2003

Exhaustion

My eyes are rebelling and trying to close already, and it is 18.21. Sleep will just have to wait.

It was my first day today, so I had to go for my induction and to collect my laptop, phone and other bits and pieces. All well and good, but it was in Portsmouth!

In total, I have spent over five hours today just driving. The induction only lasted a couple of hours (and that included the twenty minutes just talking about cats - she is a cat lover too!). But I have my laptop (brand new and absolutely fab) and other bits. I have to go on a course tomorrow in London, which is no problem. Ironically the venue is next to one of the clients I previously worked at.

I have my Christmas break dates, and I have 11 days holiday to use before the end of June, and thus the start of the new holiday year. My ID card, badge, and cards will be arriving here before Christmas. I'll be all set really soon. I get my client portfolio on Wednesday, so I am really looking forward to that.

Which appears to be more than I can say for a computer game I bought through Amazon marketplace. That was due to arrive today, but there is no sign of it yet. The seller has mixed feedback - some great, and some very discouraging. I have e-mailed them, so fingers crossed.

The Baron is at work, doing a late night. He was due to start late, but due to some serious oversleeping he started quite a bit later than anticipated. And when I say oversleeping, I mean that he was still in bed (where I left him at 7.30AM when I set off) when I got back from Portsmouth at getting on for 4PM. Lazy bugger. There is no way on the earth that I could stay in bed for that long, unless I was being ordered for some obscure medical reason. Just no way!

Mum just called, wanting a minute by minute account of my day. It is sweet, but sometimes it is annoying - I just don't feel like recounting everything. I'll call her back later and tell her all she wants to know - at the moment I have a headache. The drive was beautiful (fantastic scenery, even when viewed at 90 mph) but the sun is quite low and so was in my eyes an awful lot. And on the way home, my mirrors were all reflecting the low sun and were pretty much unusable without causing eye damage.

I think the rest of the evening will be spent in slouching on the sofa with the cats.